WEBINAR- ADHD: Effective Strategies & Interventions for Supporting Learners with ADHD in School (*WEBINAR*)
Online Webinar: 21 January 2021 @ 7pm - 8:15pm (GMT)
LIVE Webinar with ADHD expert Andrew Whitehouse
21 January 2021, 7pm -8:15pm Sharp
What you will Learn
- A brief introduction to the three areas of diversity in ADHD: inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity and how they interact with each other.
- Common causes of challenging behaviour, difficulties in learning.
- Challenging behaviour and ADHD – identifying when it is within the control of the learner and when it is not.
- Developmental processes in ADHD and what to expect in different age phases, including barriers to progressions and age/progression hotspots.
- ADHD, its links to other conditions and the ramifications of this.
- The effects of ADHD on Social Emotional and Mental Health, wellbeing and self – esteem.
- How to approximately calculate the attention span of a child with ADHD and related conditions.
- An overview of some of the resources available for helping with physical hyperactivity and evaluation of their effectiveness.
- ‘In through the eyes and out through the mouth’. Some effective interventions for learners with ADHD who may have a tendency to call out, interrupt and intrude (linked to short term memory difficulties).
- Using reward systems and special interests to help learners with ADHD with waiting times
TEDx Speaker Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and provides interventions for professionals, parents and young people with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and related conditions. Andrew has a number of roles including training, strategies and therapies for education professionals in schools and colleges, observing learners in the learning environment and providing practical solutions to help them achieve their potential. Andrew provides short courses for Bishop Grosseteste University and the University of Lincoln and holds a number of UK and overseas contracts. Andrew has delivered three TEDx Talks including “From Disability to Superpowers” and has an extensive conference profile. Andrew is also a Forensic SEND Consultant and acts as an expert witness in SEND related court cases.