What you will learn:
- Uses of visual timetables and other prompts for younger learners with ADHD to help with memory and organisation difficulties.
- Ready to learn? Identifying whether younger children with ADHD are in a position to begin learning, both long term and short term.
- Timetabling strategies and differences for younger children with ADHD
- The benefits of using visual interventions and communication as a supplement to auditory verbal communication.
- Overstimulating/understimulating – getting the balance right.
- Keeping them busy: creating opportunities to keep younger children with ADHD busy in a positive way.
- Using a range of pre-emptive and responsive intervention to assist young children in self-regulating behaviour.
TEDx Speaker Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and provides interventions for professionals, parents and young people with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and related conditions. Andrew has a number of roles including training, strategies and therapies for education professionals in schools and colleges, observing learners in the learning environment and providing practical solutions to help them achieve their potential. Andrew provides short courses for Bishop Grosseteste University and the University of Lincoln and holds a number of UK and overseas contracts. Andrew has delivered three TEDx Talks including “From Disability to Superpowers” and has an extensive conference profile. Andrew is also a Forensic SEND Consultant and acts as an expert witness in SEND related court cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the webinar start and finish?
This is a live webinar session. It starts at 7pm (Irish time) sharp and will last approximately 1 hour and a quarter (finish time 8:15pm)
How long do I have access to the webinar?
There will be a recording uploaded for 24hours after the live webinar.
What if I am unhappy with the webinar?
You may receive a refund for the webinar if you notify us before at last a day before it begins. However, there are strictly no refunds after this.
This course is closed for enrollment.