Webinar - December 1 - Dyspraxia - what it is and isn't and how to help a child with DCD in your classroom
Live webinar: 1st December 2021 at 7pm
December 1 - Dyspraxia - what it is and isn't and how to help a child with DCD in your classroom
1st December 2021 at 7pm
What You Will Learn
- What is DCD and what is its cause?
- Setting up the classroom for Dyspraxic learners
- Using visuals for learners with Dyspraxia.
- A range of physical exercises for Dyspraxia.
- Organisation skills for learners with Dyspraxia
- Strategies and interventions for use in school, including maths, reading, writing, homework and more
Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and is himself diagnosed with ADHD. He provides interventions for parents, professionals and young people with ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia and related conditions. Andrew has a number of roles including training, developing strategies and therapies for education professionals in educational settings, observing learners in the learning environment and providing practical tools & solutions to help them achieve their full potential. Andrew is the author of a seminal book on ADHD, entitled “Growing up with ADHD” and is a TEDx speaker having delivered his popular talk "From Disability to Superpowers". He is a regular conference speaker and is a Forensic SEND Consultant acting as an expert witness in SEND related court cases.