Getting to Grips with Maths: Part 1 - Addition & Subtraction
Teach addition & subtraction really well to all ages
Getting to grips with Addition and Subtraction
This masterclass will explore the various models of addition and subtraction.
It will look at the importance of the 66 addition facts within 10 and how these can be used to find subtraction facts.
What You Will Learn
- An understanding of the different models of addition and subtraction
- Strategies for recall of the 66 addition facts
- Strategies for linking new facts to known facts
- An understanding of the value of pictorial representations including ten frames, bar modelling and number bond diagrams
- The webinar will be suitable for children across all age ranges.
Judy is an educational consultant specialising in Maths and learners with dyscalculia and dyslexia. Her teaching career started in primary schools before she moved into teaching children with special needs. Judy delivers key notes, workshops and training in Dyscalculia, Dyslexia and Maths Mastery across the world, including New Zealand, Australia and Dubai. Judy co-founded the Dyscalculia Association in the UK in 2018.