LEGO®-Based Therapy -Setting Up and Running Construction Clubs for Autistic Children
A complete user manual and guide to setting up and running brick construction clubs for autistic students in your school
What you'll learn
- The science and evidence behind how Lego based therapy benefits pupils with autism
- A step by step guide on how to get started with setting up your construction club
- How to organise students in your club using Builder, Suppliers and Engineer roles
- The best ways to decorate, organise and present your construction club
- How to efficiently and effectively run your club from day to day including setting up agendas and projects for students
- How to monitor and support your students so they get the most of the club
- The importance of assessment and how to assess students in your construction
- The best ways to liaise and feedback to parents on progress
- How to organise your club into levels and how to manage and progress students through to graduation
Access on a tablet or phone
Certificate of Completion
"It focused on the positive, answered any questions I had. It gave great links on assessing children before they start!
I liked the detail of things like sourcing and storing the building materials.I also really liked that choice of assessment tools and the lovely printable materials like the certificates
5/5, would recommend."
- Laoise, Teacher, Ireland.
Construction clubs that use Lego® based therapy are not Lego® building clubs, they are clubs that are run under strict rules with trained facilitators which are designed to improve the social and communication skills of children with autism and other related conditions. This self paced course has been designed and written by experienced child psychologists. It's intended to be a complete user manual and toolkit for any school teacher or professional looking to setup and run effective Lego® Based therapy construction clubs in their school or practice. The course starts with the very foundations of what autism and what Lego® based therapy is and guides users through how to begin setting up their new constructions clubs - what they need, what they don't need, how to assess suitability to your club, how many people you will need, how to monitor progress, how to monitor students, how to set up timetables and agendas and so on. The course is packed full of useful resources and downloadables that can be taken and used in your own construction clubs. Construction clubs evolve over time so you have 12 months access to this course enabling you to dip in and out for more information as you need it. The course is updated with new resources and information as needed.
Start1.1_Autism and The Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM V) (1:14)
Start1.2_ASD Social Interaction and Social Communication Skills (1:26)
Start1.3_ASD Behavioural Diagnostic Criteria (2:38)
Start1.4_ASD Behaviors Addressed by LEGO®-Based Therapy (2:21)
Start1.5_What is LEGO®- Based Therapy (1:50)
Start1.6_What is a Construction Club? (1:53)
Start1.7_Are Construction Clubs Only for Children with ASD? (1:25)
Start1.8_The Problems with Proceeding Therapies (2:40)
Start1.9_An Evidence-Based Intervention (2:07)
Start1.10_The Three Key Components of LEGO® -Based Therapy’s Success (2:34)
StartChapter 1 Review and Quiz
StartChapter 1: Supplementary Material (4:32)
At Education Elephant our team of expert psychologists and course creators are passionate about creating accessible, affordable and high quality training courses for parents, teachers and other professionals that work hard to care and support the education of children and young persons.
All of courses have been created by qualified and experienced psychologists that genuinely care about supporting you with the best information and resources, so that you can do your best to support those in your care.