Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) - Tearing Families Apart -Masterclass (MOD001)
You will learn about ODD, how it presents itself and how to effectively manage it.
In this masterclass you'll learn what Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is, what it looks like in both children and adults and how to support those that present with the disorder. Presented by ADHD and ODD expert psychiatrist Dr. William Dodson this masterclass presented the facts around ODD and covers some of the hard truths related to living with someone that has ODD. Dr. Dodson presents some research around evidence-based intervention that can be used to support those diagnosed. This masterclass was originally recorded as a live webinar in September 2021 with Education Elephant and has since been edited and published for your learning and convenience.
What you will learn:
- What ODD is and how it presents in children and adolescents
- How to identify potential ODD in children and adolescents
- The relationship and differences between ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- What Conduct Disorder (CD) is and how it is related to ODD
- The impact ODD/CD can have on lives, relationships, families, marriages, and careers.
- How to implement two effective behavioural treatments for children and adolescents.
- The role of medication in helping people with ODD
Dr. Bill Dodson is a board-certified psychiatrist in Denver, Colorado, in the USA who has specialized in ADHD for the last 25 years. He was named a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association in recognition of his clinical contributions to the field of ADHD (2012). He was recipient of the national Maxwell Schleifer Award for Distinguished Service to Persons with Disabilities (2006). Dr.Dodson maintains a consultative practice in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA.