MAU006 Masterclass - Understanding and Supporting a Child with Autism, ADHD or PDA
What You Will Learn
- What are the common strengths in Neurodivergent children and young people.
- Strategies and interventions to help your child focus on their strengths
- What you can do as parent to help your neurodivergent child thrive
- Recognise potential areas of difficulty your child might face
- How to avoid areas those areas of difficulty and focus more on strength
Andrew Whitehouse is a specialist in neurological diversity and is himself diagnosed with ADHD. He provides interventions for parents, professionals and young people with ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia and related conditions. Andrew has a number of roles including training, developing strategies and therapies for education professionals in educational settings, observing learners in the learning environment and providing practical tools & solutions to help them achieve their full potential. Andrew is the author of a seminal book on ADHD, entitled “Growing up with ADHD” and is a TEDx speaker having delivered his popular talk "From Disability to Superpowers". He is a regular conference speaker and is a Forensic SEND Consultant acting as an expert witness in SEND related court cases.